My Motto

"When You Take Care of the Inside the Outside Will Follow"

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

My 10 Day Cleanse Day-by-Day

So one of the things I decided to do during my Transformation was to make a small video clip at the end of each day just describing it's events. My feelings, my emotions & my struggles so I could go back and reflect on how it was for me AND in case anyone else was curious about what it was like day to day, they could also see.

After each video I watched it back and a couple of times I found myself getting drawn into what I was saying and tears would form.  As I watched each clip I saw a woman that was foreign to me.  For a few years now every time I saw a picture of myself, most times I would delete it or just be the photographer cause, well, I hated the way I looked. So seeing myself talk back to me was more than I was ready for.  I saw my expressions and gestures (that my husband says I can't speak without) that I use on a daily basis but what was really difficult is I saw a woman who was of NO reflection of how I felt deep down inside.  So as I would watch & listen to myself speak it was like listening to someone else whom I could relate to and in the end, when she said "You can do this too" it was ME telling MYSELF that I CAN DO THIS.  

I'm so proud of myself for stepping out of the box and recording each day. I am not an elegant speaker and clearly I am not a "movie ready" kind of gal but who cares. It's just me.  It's just the most honest way this 41 year old woman could emotionally convey what I experienced each day and if just 1 person is able to benefit and find their inner strength to get healthy, then it was all worth it REGARDLESS of how unflattering the video is.  So please be kind, I'm not trying to win any Emmys here, just an honest & raw video of my 10 Day Transformation Cleanse.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Donna: You are brave for putting it all out there. I identify with so much of what you've shared. Today is day 10 of my cleanse. Yay Me! Not sure how much weight I've lost as I didn't weigh at the beginning (long story). But I've lost inches and I'm wearing smaller clothes. I'm very happy about what I've been able to accomplish and this is a stepping stone to better food choices going forward. My issue is portion control and boredom...what to do when I'm not eating... These last 10 days have been good psychologically and physically for me. Good luck! I'll check in on you from time to time, and share how I've been doing. I have a game plan for the next 20 days so I'm not scared. Love and peace, Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kelly I'm sooo happy for you. I do hope you will keep in touch and keep me updated as well. As you know well I am sure, when you have an unhealthy relationship with food just eating the right foods is not enough. There has to be so much self improvement to be made and there are so many feelings involved. I know we are going to do great and get healthy together. I look forward to hearing more and as we progress maybe I can share a little of your store on here. Have a great day!

      Delete